Hello all,
Whenever I get on my laptop running Windows XP SP3 I get that pesky message that says "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and the buttons that say "send error report" and "dont send". Whenever you click either the message goes away for about 2 seconds then comes up again. I have rebooted the system and taken the battery out but to no avail... any ideas?
also I have ran Microsoft update but that didn't help either....

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

See if this helps:

Right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties" from the context menu.
Go to the "Advanced" tab
Click the "Error Reporting" button near the bottom right
Select "Disable Error Reporting"

I don't know why the message keeps popping up but this may disable it.

See if this helps:

Right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties" from the context menu.
Go to the "Advanced" tab
Click the "Error Reporting" button near the bottom right
Select "Disable Error Reporting"

I don't know why the message keeps popping up but this may disable it.

The solution above will correct the issue but it would just stop the error reporting issue, not the real problem inside your computer.

Did your problem comes just recently and would you describe your problem in more details?

I presumed the problem was not that an error kept repeating because that message is only supposed to display once after a reboot. A problem that causes the generation of that type of message would take down the entire system so it doesn't appear that the problem is recurring, just that the message keeps popping up.

Do you know how to check the event logs? The quick way is to run EVENTVWR.MSC. Perhaps this will indicate the source of the error message.

Thanks everyone! All the input helped A LOT and I resolved the issue.

Care to share your solution?

Doesn't need to. He simply follow your solution to correct his problem...

The solution above will correct the issue but it would just stop the error reporting issue, not the real problem inside your computer.

I believe your point was that the issue should be corrected rather than masked. I agreed with you. That's why I was curious as to which approach shredder took to resolve the problem.

Well the only problem was the error message popping up so I used Reverend Jim first method of hiding the message.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.