I want to downgrade my system from Windows XP SP3 to SP2, because I bought G Data Antivirus 2011 and it wouldn't able to register the key with SP3. But it is registering in Windows XP SP2. Please help me to downgrade from Windows XP SP3 to SP2.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

from g-data web site .
Operating system:

Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or higher, 32bit)
it clearly says sp2 or higher

did you check with them for help getting it installed with sp3
if you are worried about security it would not be wises to go back to sp2 as it is no longer supported by Microsoft and you would no longer get security updates for winxp sp2 .

but if you want you should find it in start/control panel/ add and remove programs ,be sure to click show windows updates along the top

Well only way to downgrade is uninstall the SP3.
But that is not recommended, as sp3 is way to advanced than the sp2.
Offcourse sp3 have a lot of faults, but that can be updated from microsoft, but not sp2....

http://www.gdatasoftware.com/information/security-labs/news/news-details/article/1712-end-of-support-for-some-window.html

personnely I never belive downgrade is good solution to your problem....
May be its arise on your OS....
Currently are you using genuine WinXp sp3?
If not don't downgrade...check there are some good crack on net...you can download & install it.. than it will be ok..

commented: Do not advise members to use cracks. -3

Currently are you using genuine WinXp sp3?
If not don't downgrade...check there are some good crack on net...you can download & install it.. than it will be ok..

it is not within the rules of Daniweb to discuses or suggest using cracked versions of any type software .ty

commented: Thanks for pointing that out. +16

The software registration should have nothing to do with SP3 or SP2, something else is causing the error, most likely a registration database error on the G-Data side, your best option is to contact them and ask tjem to reissue you with another licence, as long as you have the same email address when purchase, you shouldnt hit any problem with this.

I'm not advise members to use cracks.... I just ask whether he currently used genuine WinXp sp3 or not...
I know crack version are illegal in all over the world..
I clearly mention if not(Currently not using genuine WinXp sp3; that mean already he use cracked version) use another crack(because already he used cracked)....
that is just a suggestion if he use cracked

Anyway I don't want to clear more than this ..
thank you caperjack to show my mistake(according to DaniWeb rules)
and I hope not to do such a things again...
thanks..

Anyway I don't want to clear more than this ..
thank you caperjack to show my mistake(according to DaniWeb rules)
and I hope not to do such a things again...
thanks..

thank you for understanding ,happy computing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.