Movie Torrents

Member Avatar
jmrpjb
Junior Poster in Training
50 posts since Dec 2010
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi, I've just discovered torrents. After many hours of trying, I was finally successful in downloading a movie and my ultimate goal is to save it on a dvd. I've downloaded cd burning s/w but when I try to burn it, I get a message that there is no disc in the drive. (Someone told me that I need a special disc called minus R? or maybe it was minus W)

Anyway, I guess my real question is, how legal is all of this movie torrent stuff? Maybe I shouldn't even be trying to download (upload?) movies. (I'm afraid I'm a bit naive about some things.) I've come across some web sites that insist everything's on the up and up, but maybe they protest too much?

Finally, I'd just like to add that my motivation to learn this isn't just because I'm too cheap to buy the dvd. I just love learning about the internet and all it has to offer.

Member Avatar
PhilliePhan
Central Scrutinizer
1,667 posts since Dec 2006
Reputation Points: 171 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 115 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 5 [?]
Team Colleague

Anyway, I guess my real question is, how legal is all of this movie torrent stuff? Maybe I shouldn't even be trying to download (upload?) movies.

It is not legal and in violation of our forum rules to discuss/aid/abet copyright infringement and piracy. Sorry :)

I would suggest staying away from torrents for the simple reason that it is one of the easiest and most effective ways to get your computer infected with malware. Think about how torrents work and to what you are exposing your computer.....

PP:)

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by PhilliePhan
You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article