Currently stuck in Start-up mode. Prior to this issue I updated the drivers. After that couldn't print PDF files from online websites. Went to original drivers, same issue. Used original OS disk to "Repair", once completed rebooted the system. Only things there was "Mouse" motion & wallpaper, no icons or Start-up bar. Rebooted with OS disk again, no prompts for install process or Security code. Can't even do a total install now of the XP OS. Ideas?

Hi,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. First of all, I would like to suggest you one step to flash the BIOS of your system. You can also try to boot into SETUP (BIOS) and set the Load Defaults. You can also run a test on Hard Drive. You can check if your system is booting up with any other CDs just to isolate the issue.

In order to help you better please reply with the system model number.

SNIP

commented: please STOP including Dell Twitter and Facebook links/adverts in your posts as I have asked you on numerous occasions now +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.