When I ran windows 98 I wrote prograns in QB-basic and Q-basic witch I converted in QB-basic to machine language to run on all dos. I would like to be able to run them now when I have windows XP. How can I do that?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you create a shortcut and modify its properties, you can instruct Windows to emulate it in a Win 98 mode. Have you tried that?

I have 2 computers, the older one has windows 98 & I use it now just to keep track of worth on paper, storage of passwords, making cards etc. But I have a lot of fun and eduational programs I wrote in basic, that I'dlike to be able to run on my new computer. I really havn't tried anything as of yet for fear of messing thngs up with the new one.

If you want to have a complete seperate environment on the new computer, you can always install a virtualization application such as VirtualBox or VMWare. then install Windows 98 as a guest operating system, then load your programs there.

Using virtualization is a great way to run independent operating systems on the same host computer without having to worry about "messing up" the host operating system.

Okay, I've got a couple of questions. 1st. why does Danweb ask if I'm human, 2nd. what's this Fix Windows XP Registry, and how do I set up and install virtualization applications?

Is there a ilastrated book for dummies on how to do this stuff?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.