"Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access is denied."

This is the error that I'm getting when I try to use the User Settings wizard to get all the stuff from the user "Administrator" by "Copy to"-ing into the new user "BullHorn".

I've followed the "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP" and it all went fine, I restarted and I still have problems. :/

Some general info so you don't have to ask silly questions:

-I restarted.
-The user I'm doing this from has administrative rights.
-Windows XP Pro so there's no need to go into safe-mode.

That's all I think, I'd really appreciate some help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

all what stuff

All the User information. The whole C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator folder into C:\Documents and Settings\BullHorn

Don't do it through the system properties.

Navigate with Windows Explorer to c:\documents and settings\administrator and copy from there; the Desktop the My Documents folder and the Favorites.

This was the first thing I wanted to do... That's when some guy over IRC changed my mind and told me how to do it "right". :/

Thanks to that, now the User "Administrator" is somewhat currupted (I'm getting an error but pressing "OK" gets me back into Windows without any noticeable problem).

Thanks for the help, I shall give it a try when I come home.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.