I think something in my registry got messed up by a registry cleaner. Now i can't access the User Accounts, i'm on XP Home. I get the following error:
"wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment". Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Click Start > Run > and type:
"regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll" and

"regsvr32 /i c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll"

if that dosn't work try this work around:

Workaround:
Start > run > "Control Userpasswords" or "Control Userpasswords2"
or lusrmgr.msc

Desperate fixes:
Try Xp's Restore Option, dos's restorereg?, and last, next tiem backup your registry.

Thanks for the help. It didn't work out so i reformatted.

I found a fix at another forum that fixes the User Control error issue:
-----------------------------------------------
Open your notepad or word processor and copy and paste the following:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
regsvr32 themeui.dll
regsvr32 Vbscript.dll

Save this file as User_Acct_Fix.cmd on your desktop to easily find it.
Click on User_Acct_Fix.cmd on your desktop to run the program. Now see if the User Accounts are available.
This will re-register the above dll's etc in the registry.
--------------------------------------------------
I spent hours looking for 'the' fix, tried out everything everyone suggested, and nothing worked until this one. FYI... ;) and I'm one happy camper

If anyone else is having issues like this, my Dial-a-fix program tackles this problem, among others (see my signature). (Mostly by checkmarking all of the things in box #5.)

Orbit ...worked fine, thanks!

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
regsvr32 themeui.dll
regsvr32 Vbscript.dll

Save this file as...

Hi Orbit

I've registered here just to post BIG THANKS for this solution.
I also spent hours for searching for broken "Windows Explorer search function in XP" fix, tried many other solutions too, but this one actually helped.
It also fixed issue with User Accounts, where no accounts was shown when called from Control Panel.

Cheers from Croatia :)

I was ecstatic to find this post! I was able to register all but : regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll Got following message: "mshtml.dll was loaded but the DiRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered". Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much!

I found a fix at another forum that fixes the User Control error issue:
-----------------------------------------------

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
regsvr32 themeui.dll
regsvr32 Vbscript.dll

Save this file as User_Acct_Fix.cmd on your desktop to easily find it.
Click on User_Acct_Fix.cmd on your desktop to run the program. Now see if the User Accounts are available.
This will re-register the above dll's etc in the registry.
--------------------------------------------------
I spent hours looking for 'the' fix, tried out everything everyone suggested, and nothing worked until this one. FYI... ;) and I'm one happy camper

Hi,
Try posting in your own thread and supply information about your PC and the problems you have been having, Quote this thread if you want. and read this above where you typed your post "This thread has been marked solved.
Perhaps start a new thread instead?"

Wow thanks so much orbit it worked!

To all with this problem. The fix that User Orbit submitted works perfectly. Thanks Orbit you are the best!!!!!

if all those shit don't work then its time to restore your computer to previous sitting.
TO do that go to
Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Restore System
Over here you will be give the steps to follow and if possible create a back up before going ahead.
This will work 100% but remember some temporary file can get deleted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.