Hiya. Well I recently turned on my PC and as the PC began, windows failed to boot up. The error message I got is as follows:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair

Now I thought this is one of those basic errors so I put the CD-ROM in and started the repair. I did a checkdisk of the C drive and I thought it may be fixed. Infortunately the problem kept reoccuring.

After plenty of tries, the blue screen of death started appearing and would not even let me run the repair function. I thought possibly a format of the computer should solve this but it still re-appears.

I do not have any access to Safe Mode; I click F8 but nothing happens at boot up. :-|

Here is the message given by the blue screen of death:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0AED0011, 0x00000002, 0x000000000, 0x807C3954)

Usually this screen disappears but unfortunatetly, nothing is happening. :confused: The only thing I can access is the Amibios Utility System for changing priority of devices and such and system info basically. Other than that, I have no idea.

Any help would gladly be appreciated.

Thanks

Now I have got the Advance Startup Setup, but nothing works. SOmeones help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks anyways guys.

I got my problem fixed.

Just so you all know, if you have a problem like mine do the following:

1. Get Knoppix Linux Live CD and boot it
  2. Using the Knoppix System, commit a format on your main harddrive.
  3. Then re-boot and insert XP or whatever CD
  4. Then follow normal procedures in installations.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.