My Norton Anti virus has just expired and I wanted some ideas on a new one also a firewall that wont hog up alot of memory, resorces I dont mind paying for something if it works well

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My Norton Anti virus has just expired and I wanted some ideas on a new one also a firewall that wont hog up alot of memory, resorces I dont mind paying for something if it works well

See my signature Best Free Software for Windows link.

If the reason that you are looking for a new anti-virus is the cost, then you may want to check out http://www.free-av.com/ I have used this free anti-virus program on many of my personal machines and found it to be a great peice of software. I don't know how well it fullfil a corporate environment's needs. (For anyone considering that.) It is much less resource intensive than Norton Antivirus. (Not to bad mouth Symantec but their utilities lately have been pretty resource intensive. )

Hi,

i don't know what he is talking about above me but i would just go to microsoft and download (beta), i mean at least we can trust it.

thanks

xp_helper

Hello,

To be honest, I would avoid it if it came from Microsoft. And if you do not know what we are talking about, perhaps you might want to ask for a clarification on the topic before offering advice.

Christian

Try the Anti-Virus from , it comes with a professional Anti-Spyware and updates itself automatically (free for 1 year) and it scans in the background - using less resources than most!
If it finds a virus it brings up a hazard sign and a siren sounds - v cool :-)
I use it because it managed to install on my infected PC (when Norton and McAfee wouldn't) and it found the virus straight away plus it has kept my PC clean since. Get it at or
Hope this helps!

Yeah, AVG is good. And microsofts one care is crappy. It failed the industry standard test for virus cathcing so ms had to make thier own one lol

AVG is one of the Worst AVs, if you are willing to pay for anti-virus software than Spyware Doctor 2010 is unbeatable

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.