I hope someone has a fix for my problem. I have a NVIDEA FX 5200 and have two monitors attached. The card is working but my computer is running on defalt and won't let me use any of the controls.I have done all I can think of. I took the card out and put it back. Can't reinstall drivers because hardware is not found with a code 45. Any help would be welcomed.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what type of computer are you running? And where there any problems that occurred just before this happened?

I'm running a Pentium 4 ,2.7 GHz with 512 MB of RAM and Windows XP SP2. Computer lost use of email and down loading was real slow. As a last attempt to fix this I reinstalled XP. Then I lost use of my dual screen Let me know if you need any more info.

what type of computer are you running? And where there any problems that occurred just before this happened?

Right-click your Desktop --> Properties --> Settings --> (You'll see two boxes numbered 1 and 2 in a shaded area.) Click number 2 --> Right Click --> click "Attach" --> change the resolution to match monitor number 1 or whatever resolution you want it at.

let me know if this helps

Under settings I don't have the two screens to chose from anymore.There is only one screen and Display(default Monitor) ON. It is like my computer doesn't know that I have a NVIDIA FX 5200 installed,but it is installed and connected to two monitors.

Right Click "My Computer" (either on your desktop or Start Menu" --> Properties --> Hardware Tab --> Device Manager --> look to see if there is a question mark beside your Graphics card --> if so right - click and install.

if not or if you don't see it at all let me know

In Device Managment (show hidden devices)
Display addapeers
NVIDIA FX5200
Properties
Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45)
But the card is connected and working with both screens showing the one desktop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.