unable to play certain movies on my media player its saying i need a decoder, seems i have to buy this decoder, could some please help me to find a decoder free for my media player 11 tvvm :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You very accurately describe the error messages that Windows Media Player gives when it trys to play the video, but you fail to mention the video you're trying to play. Also post the type of video you were trying to play.

As far as I know, you can simply download most decoders for WMP for free. Usually the encoders are what costs the money.

get storm media codecs just do a google search it has all the codecs you will ever need

get storm media codecs just do a google search it has all the codecs you will ever need

ty bubbalupa, but it seems that every download that i have tried of storm codec is not working would you know of a place that the download is working or would you be able to send it to me? If you are able to send let me know and I can give you my email, tyvvm

You very accurately describe the error messages that Windows Media Player gives when it trys to play the video, but you fail to mention the video you're trying to play. Also post the type of video you were trying to play.

As far as I know, you can simply download most decoders for WMP for free. Usually the encoders are what costs the money.

ty joeprogrammer, hope this is what was needed wasn't sure, RM.BUP , RM.IFO , RM.DAT , TS.BUP , TS.VOB, 0.IFO , TS.IFO . (VIDEO_RM) , (VIDEO_TS) .

use the rome mirror or send me your email and I will send it to you

http://toeflpractice.ets.org/
I can not play the audio file which is in system check tab in WMP 11. So please anybody tell me what is the problem and why i am not able to play the audio.
I have WINDOWS XP Home SP2.
Thank you
Yashwanta

unable to play certain movies on my media player its saying i need a decoder, seems i have to buy this decoder, could some please help me to find a decoder free for my media player 11

It seems the problem I'm having is quite simalar to what these people are having . I have tried a download from brother simple something like that and it works for there movie player and not the meadiaplayer 11 xp? I just got this computer and it had a media player but it would not play movies .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.