I had a problem with one of our machines randomly pulling 100% CPU usage for periods of time. I tried several forums and removed every known issue there was until I finally wiped the drive with random data then reformatted. 5 minutes after the clean installation (unplugged from network) the same problem resurfaced. I ran memtest and some hard drive integrity utilities and still have had no luck. Loading Linux on the machine worked fine but does not work for our office needs. I even tried a different copy if Windows XP Pro Sp2 than the original and the problem persists. Im out of ideas for where to look.

Please note that I did not post this attached to the other CPU thread that is open because it appears that one is related to the corrupt jpg/avi/pdf versions of the issue I have seen before. This is also not related to svchost.exe multiple instances.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.