Hey something happened to my computer a few days ago. I haven't downloaded or installed any new programs for the past couple of months.

My computer was working fine, when suddenly it reset itself. When i now turn it on I am given a screen which asks me to choose from the these options if I want to load windows:

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode command prompt
last known good configuration.
start windows normally.

None of these options work it goes to the XP booting screen then goes back to starting the whole process again.

Any ideas because i have no windows CD as it was already installed on there when i bought the computer from the store. I also have a lot of important work on there that i don't want to lose.

Can anyone help me please? :?:

w32/IRCbot.worm! is a medium risk worm for home users. YOu can be infected simply by going online.
Once infected, your computer may restart continuously. Up to date Mcafee virus scan users are
protected by this threat.

thats from my mcafee. Just FYI.

Hey something happened to my computer a few days ago. I haven't downloaded or installed any new programs for the past couple of months.

My computer was working fine, when suddenly it reset itself. When i now turn it on I am given a screen which asks me to choose from the these options if I want to load windows:

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode command prompt
last known good configuration.
start windows normally.

None of these options work it goes to the XP booting screen then goes back to starting the whole process again.

Any ideas because i have no windows CD as it was already installed on there when i bought the computer from the store. I also have a lot of important work on there that i don't want to lose.

Can anyone help me please? :?:

Mine is doing the some thing.. :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.