Hi Guys,

I saw that this problem has been done before but after reading the details I was still unable to solve my problem, Perhaps some light could be shed.

Generic host process for win32 services........

C:\DOCUME~1\MARKD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MARKD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

szAppName : szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 .

I have run AVG, spy bot, ad ware ( all installed and uninstalled seperately)to no avail.
I believe it to be a conflict of applications as all was woring fine until recently when I tried to update windows. Automatic update no off.

Any help would be appreciated.

de Louv

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

Hi Guys,

I saw that this problem has been done before but after reading the details I was still unable to solve my problem, Perhaps some light could be shed.

Generic host process for win32 services........

C:\DOCUME~1\MARKD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MARKD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

szAppName : szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 .

I have run AVG, spy bot, ad ware ( all installed and uninstalled seperately)to no avail.
I believe it to be a conflict of applications as all was woring fine until recently when I tried to update windows. Automatic update no off.

Any help would be appreciated.

de Louv

There are a number of things you can do to try and solve this one.

Those files you mentioned are temporary files located in your user profile folder. You could try logging in as Administrator, or another account with Administrative privileges. Then try running Windows update under that account. If you are able to, then I would copy off your personal files from your profile, (email, favorites, desktop icons, etc.) and then delete and recreate your profile. Give that a try and if it doesn't work, we can try other things.

Didn't have much luck with that but I then saw that the widows firewall was off and couldn't activate it again. I installed Comodo firewall and also carried out the following that I picked up somewhere else. Not sure which one helped but the messages have stopped. The internet connection is slower but at the moment it's a small sacrifice.
Is there any way to determine whether the slow connection is to do with the computer of the server your connected to?

Cheers

de Louv

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
In the right-hand side of the window find an option called TransportBindName.
Double click that value, and then delete the default value, thus giving it a blank value.
How to close port 135

The you must now navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE
You will see there is a String Value called: EnableDCOM
Set the value to: N (it should currently be Y)
Close the Registry Editor.
Shutdown and Restart your computer.

Member Avatar for nicentral

If every website you go to seems slow, then it's probably the addition of the firewall or some other issue with your computer.

When you installed your anti-spyware packages, were you able to successfully update them?

Didn't have any problem updating the software when I could stay connected. (After I installed the fire wall)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.