i installed windows xp successfully. turned it off then turned it back on again it gets to the screen where it says something vdmi pool update successful then gives me the options to run safe mode, safe mode networking, safe mode with command prompt, load last config that worked or start normally. i have chosen each 1 of those options it does the same thing it reboots and goes back to that screen. can any one help me.
it runs windows 98 perfectly, i reformatted the clean installed.

Intell celeron 2.4ghtz
Sapphire radeon 9100igp
1xsamsung 512mb ram @400 mtz pc3200
1x256 mb ram pc3200
western digital 40g hardrive
standard vga graphics card

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you get a flashed blue screen of death be4 it reboots? I recommend using the xp cd to try to repair the installation.. if that doesn't work, then you should reformat and reinstall xp.

How old is this computer? If it came installed with '98, then it might be better to buy a new one..

Do you get a flashed blue screen of death be4 it reboots? I recommend using the xp cd to try to repair the installation.. if that doesn't work, then you should reformat and reinstall xp.

How old is this computer? If it came installed with '98, then it might be better to buy a new one..

no it came with xp but i need more ram so i installed win 98 till i got more ram. and i don't get a blue screen

o okay.. try repairing the installation

It won't let me boot the window s xp cd

?

Make sure the cd drive is before the hd in the 'boot device priority' section in the bios.. When the computer completes post, it should ask you to press enter to boot from the cd.

still doesn't work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.