does anybody know how to delete all temporary internet files and history files?

i know how to do this through tools>internet options> but there are always still files remaining in the registry and other places,

i want to know how to do this stuff manually, not with a paid program,

thanks,

chris

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

when you delete all your temporary files through internet options make sure to check delete offline content also if that is wat u want to do. if that does not work then go to a program that uses the standard window s temp directory then go to search enter the directory just as it was and search all files and folders and a big list of files like picture and stuff from websites should be there

...there are always still files remaining in the registry

That's rather unclear; could you be more specific or give us an example of what you're trying to describe there?

There are a few places where temp Internet info hides:

In C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings you will find History, Temp, and Temporary Internet Files folders.

In C:\Windows\Temp you'll also find another set of History and Temporary Internet Files folders.

if u want to delete registry files goto run type regedt32 and then look through all the folders marked software and delete any registry entries that belong to uninstalled software but if you want help on deleting reg files you might want to post this under a more specific or different title.

Click on Start.

Click on Search.

Type Temp.

Delete the resulting entries.

Also. jpg picture files take up a lot of room. Type *.jpg.

View the pictures and delete the ones you don't want.

:idea: :lol:

There are no 'temporary internet files' in the registry!

Tha advice given by DMR is the most thorough method of removing temporary internet files, and in Internet Options you should also use the 'Clear History' button on the 'General' tab. If you also change 'Days to keep pages in History' to 0 you will have less problem in future.

Hey, all of you are right, but partially…well if you want to delete Windows temporary files from your computer system, the best way to do that is to try <snip> It is a history cleaner software, intended to protect your privacy by erasing everything you do on the computer.
I got it and I am risk-free today. It’s just very simple.
Hope I could help.
Nora.

One way is to go to system tools and Disk Cleanup

I am trying to help you guys and direct you to a great software, in order to delete all the files you want from your computer, let it be internet files, cookies, registries, Windows temp files, etc! This site's community has blocked the link I put here for that software.
<snip>

And, of course, there is always the FREE tool, CCleaner.
Does all that, plus more if you configure it so.

I am trying to help you guys and direct you to a great software, in order to delete all the files you want from your computer, let it be internet files, cookies, registries, Windows temp files, etc! This site's community has blocked the link I put here for that software.

I already told you in response to your PM, the thread is 6 years old and the original poster specifically stated that a PAID FOR PROGRAM was NOT wanted. Nor was any program. OP wanted to do it manually, which no doubt has already been done more than a few times in the 6 years since the original post.

Nora.brown, what program are you talking about. I don't understand why some of your text is missing?

Dear administrator, can you help her with that or explain the reason?

Nora.brown, what program are you talking about. I don't understand why some of your text is missing?

Dear administrator, can you help her with that or explain the reason?

Don't get cute. We are not stupid and we understand that the same person can (as you have done), create multiple accounts.
Closing thread as this is leading nowhere.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.