I borrowed a friends office xp cd to load it on my computer. I need to reformat my hard drive to get rid of a partition but dont want to lose office xp. How can I back this up. I have everything else I need saved or backed up on an external hard drive. trying to get rid of this extra partition:
[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/njstecher/diskmngmnt.jpg[/IMG]

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You need the office xp cd. If you are just talking about office files, you can just save those files to usb or cd.

The actual office program you need a cd.

Im trying to save the whole program. all my files are already backed up.
I dont have access to the cd I used.

you cant because things are stored al over the place where they cant be backed up easialy (registry for example)

borrowing a friends office cd constitutes illegal software piracy btw

Assuming that it is the first, 39MB partition that you wish to lose, why not use a partition manager to merge it with C:? Windows may complain when you disturb its immediate environment [it knows where it lives and its immediate neighbours], but that is easily fixed by trashing a key - it will build a new one. As an example only, Paragon Partition Manager would do it for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.