Hi, i went out and bought CoD4 and Diablo2 for PC. I put my Diablo2 CD in and installed it and tryed the game out worked fine. A few hours later i went to insert my CoD4 CD into my computer and it doesn't read that any disk is in the drive? i've try opening and closeing it a few rtimes to see if the cd maybe wasn't in the right place , but no go. And when i take out COD4 and put in Diablo2 is read it right away. Any thought as about as far as my computer knowlegde goes was to try opening and closing it agian ...lol. I did however think to check if the CD was screwed up maybe and i tryed it in my Laptop CoD4 Loaded fine and i could install and my laptop read it with no probs. only info i can think to give is:

Windows XP 2002

SamSung SC-148C CD roms name

anyhelp would be great! thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

First thing to mine is ,maybe the cod4 is a DVD disk,and you desktop computer drive isn't dvd drive

Bingo, tryed a DVD movie and same thing.... damn now i need a new CD/DVD Drive. Cheers m8

Bingo, tryed a DVD movie and same thing.... damn now i need a new CD/DVD Drive. Cheers m8

sometimes its always the simple things ,don't know about where you are at but dvd drives are cheap here.

Yeah i checked a few stores online around where i live, anywheres from 20-100$ so not to bad. Thanks agian Caper

your Welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.