I have two Windows Server 2003 web servers that use Windows Network Load Balancing. The NLB has worked great for a couple of years but recently one of the servers starting giving me problems. About twice a day the server is unable to server web pages until I reboot it. I set the NICS so they do not time out anymore but that still does not solve the problem and running an iis reset does not work either.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey Moone,

I am kind of curious what happens next time your application hangs and your just restart IIS Admin Service from your services.msc. Do you have auditing enabled? Are there any clues within your event logs?

hello Moon,
Please provide some more information as what exactly is it doing after installing NICard. You can try Following:
Verify That WINS Server Is Installed
Click Start, point to Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
Click Networking Services, and then click Details.

Verify that the Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) check box is selected, correctly configured, and working on the network.
Verify That DNS Server Is Installed
Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove programs.
Click Add/Remove Windows Components, click Networking Services, and then click Details.
Verify that Domain Name System (DNS) is installed, and that the DNS servers (or server) are connected and working on the network.
Test the Network Connection
Verify the Web Sharing Permissions

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.