I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

How to Pause or Resume Downloading

After the download process has started, you can pause or resume downloading at any time. If you close your Internet connection or restart your computer after pausing a download process, Windows automatically resumes the download process the next time you are connected to the Internet.

• During the download process, click the icon that is displayed in the notification area, and then click Pause.
  • When you are ready for Windows to start downloading again, click the Automatic updating icon, and then click
    Resume.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

alternativley, you can you Download Accelerator Plus, or many other download managers/accelerators! DAP is the best though www.speedbit.com

...Or use a browser that is far more secure then IE. such as Opera or Mozilla which both have resume capable transfer engines.

try using Internet Download Accelerator or Lightening Download. I havnt found any resume qualities in the IE.

try using Internet Download Accelerator or Lightening Download. I havnt found any resume qualities in the IE.

Icon that I Paused last night failed to reappear this AM so 3.5 Hour partial dwnload need to relocate & Finish up. How ?
Tried Tool Bar No Help there any other suggestions.
locating a partial download to restart ?

My Original Q wss " How to Pause or Resume Downloading"

Thanks , robtbos

you can use any download manager. I Like getright it is better on slow connection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.