Hey all,
I have a Toshiba SATELLITE P200/804, now the problems im having are as follows;

- When i boot it up it just blue screens.
- When trying to access "safe mode" it blue screens.
- When trying to access anything else of the boot screen it also blue screens.
- Ive tried the recovery disks and they also come up with an error.

The errors I'm getting are as follows;
- the blue screen error is; UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
the code if it will help is; STOP: 0x000000ED (0x87572c18,0xc00000B5,0x00000000,0x00000000)

And the other error when trying to run the recovery disk is;
- Error: F3-F000-0001
An Error has occurred.
Please press "Ok" to turnoff the computer.

What shall i do? Ive got the legal license code, i guess i can format it and put VISTA back on, but then the laptop wont work as it use to? is that correct? i mean ill loose the programs it came with and what ever else. .

Or is it possible to format it and then use the recovery disk as theres a partition on there for the recovery?

Please help. . - Thanks Steve. .

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think you are going to have to format the hard drive and reinstall Vista. If you REALLY need the info from that hard drive, you can purchase an adapter to convert the laptop hard drive to a standard IDE and retreive the data via a desktop computer as a slave hard drive. Other than that, your time would probably be better spent formatting and moving on instead of hours and hours of troubleshooting. I am only speaking from my experiences.

I haven't received this error on my windows vista machine but I have written about windows xp machine here:
http://technize.com/2007/07/11/how-to-fix-unmountable-boot-volume-in-windows-xp/

What you have to do is to boot windows vista with the installation cd and go to recovery console. Then you have to run the following two commands:
1- chkdsk /r
2- fixboot

Hopefully your problem will be solved.. Please do let us know about the results.

Hey all,
"And the other error when trying to run the recovery disk is;
- Error: F3-F000-0001
An Error has occurred.
Please press "Ok" to turnoff the computer."

Hi,
My toshiba laptop has just run out of warranty and I had the exact same error code of F3-F000-0001, press ok to shutdown!!! I had no idea what it was, and I tried running every diagnostic I could through BIOS (the only menu I could access), nothing worked, I tried to use a boot disc, but because my computer didn't come with any, the ones I had were for older computers and didn't work! I'd asked everyone I knew and everyone thought that it was a HDD problem. I even called Toshiba, and even they had never heard of this error code!!!! I couldn't believe that!!! They also though it was a HDD problem! ANYHOW I think the problem with mine was that I had recently formatted my computer because all programs started having errors, it must've picked up a virus or something as it kept jamming and wouldn't read files etc etc.. Then after reformatting, it started to download automatic updates, and jammed, nothing would work, so I had to force the power off after 30 mins of inactivity. I usually have my settings on ask me to download new updates, but what I didn't realise that because I'd just formatted it, it reset itself to download AND install updates!!!! So It must've been installing a critical update at the time It jammed and when I forced the power off.

BUT there is HOPE right now I'm typing on the same comptuer that had the error code F3-F000-0001

My brother who is studying IT at uni came to help me! He suggested that I don't use windows any more and that I try Linux Fedora. I had given up on the windows working ever again. So If the Fedora boot disc actually loaded it would help us to see if it was a HDD problem or not! My bro created a Fedora boot disc for me, I changed the BIOS to boot from CD, and it actually booted up and got past the F3-F000-0001 error screen that I had become so familiar and FRUSTRATED with over the past fortnight! Anyhow we were very careful when we installed Fedora, that we DIDN'T INSTALL OVER THE TOSHIBA HIDDEN PARTITIONS (just incase by some miricle we could get vista back) which I assumed holds the Vista information, we installed Fedora on the main free memory partition, and it allowed us to create a swap partition to help with the installation! Once we installed it, it asked to reboot the computer!

When I rebooted the computer, by some miricle, Fedora must've ended the process of, or corrected, the corrupt data on the HDD, and when it was restarting it booted into the Toshiba recovery menu to format the drive to its out of the box state! I followed the prompts again and VOILA! Windows is working again! I think the problem could have been solved easier if Toshiba products were supplied with their windows discs.

So in my case it definitely wasn't a HDD error like everyone said! GOOD LUCK! And thank my brother for thinking of it and for fixing it! AND thank Fedora!

Thanks bro!!!!!
Thanks Fedora!!!!
Oh and no thanks to TOSHIBA who didn't help one bit!!!
Good Luck mate!

Hey AusJaz, thanks for the tip mate. I've just developed the same problem. I haven't yet solved it; what I've done is download the Fedora live ISO, mastered it to disc, and am now running its disc repair tool. C:\ is not very well, presumably due to the software problems outlined in this thread. I noted the caveat about protecting the manufacturer's install partition.

FWIW I tried to restore C:\ using Acronis True Image, but it could not 'see' the drive at all. This nightmare may have been made worse by virtue of having encrypted C:\ in case of loss, but I did get as far as the BSoD in the boot process. None of the repair options worked. Booting from Partition Magic didn't work. Booting from a Windows PE USB stick didn't work. Booting from a XP install disc to use the scandisc tool didn't work, the installer gave up issuing dire messages about HD failure. Now I wondered what Spin Rite would do... ...only as I started to do what I am now doing. Silly really. D'oh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.