For some reason no sound recording programs or other recording devices that incorporate sound recording can find any sound devices. Sounds play perfectly however, as previously stated, recording does not.

Here's a screenshot of my Recording devices list.
Recording Devices Listing
(Please note I have set Vista to show all disabled devices.)

I fear that this may be due to an admittedly ill-advised hard-drive reformatting which, upon completion, left 3 unknown devices without drivers, they are listed in the device manager as:

Multimedia Controller
Multimedia Controller
Multimedia Video Controller

The Hardware IDs are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8801&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05
PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8802&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05
PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8800&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05

After some searching I believe I've found what the devices are entitled but I can't find any (trustworthy) drivers for them.

8800 Black Gold Signature Video Capture
8801 ATI DTV Wonder Analog Audio Capture Device
8802 Black Gold Signature BDA TS Capture

Any and all help in fixing this problem is appreciated, thanks again in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You might have a Windows Vista sound driver problem ...

First attempt to enabled the display of Disabled or Disconnected devices in (CTRLPANEL >> SOUND >> RECORDING area) where you have to right click on blank area and select "SHOW DISBLED DEVICES" and "DISCONNECTED DEVICE"

But even after doing this sound recorder was now visible in this area to enable recording. Then made some workaround and found that I was using Microsoft's built in driver in VISTA and not from the Manufacturer, but it was working well for everything else.

I have enabled the viewing of disconnected and disabled devices already (see my earlier post). I was already quite sure that it IS a driver problem (also as I stated earlier) I guess my real question would be where can I find the correct replacement drivers since these seem to be quite hard-to-find drivers.

For some reason no sound recording programs or other recording devices that incorporate sound recording can find any sound devices. Sounds play perfectly however, as previously stated, recording does not.

Here's a screenshot of my Recording devices list.
Recording Devices Listing
(Please note I have set Vista to show all disabled devices.)

I fear that this may be due to an admittedly ill-advised hard-drive reformatting which, upon completion, left 3 unknown devices without drivers, they are listed in the device manager as:

Multimedia Controller
Multimedia Controller
Multimedia Video Controller

The Hardware IDs are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8801&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05
PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8802&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05
PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8800&SUBSYS_358312AB&REV_05

After some searching I believe I've found what the devices are entitled but I can't find any (trustworthy) drivers for them.

8800 Black Gold Signature Video Capture
8801 ATI DTV Wonder Analog Audio Capture Device
8802 Black Gold Signature BDA TS Capture

Any and all help in fixing this problem is appreciated, thanks again in advance!

I had the same problem having just upgraded to Win 7, I visited all forums without finding the answer UNTIL I found this answer and it worked for me http://www.roemersoftware.com/vista-recording-problem.html try it
ucan109.......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.