After the update the Broadband connection went down. No link to the modem according to the modem light.

Is there something in the update that might affect the networking capabilities of windows 7 ultimate. It was working fine prior to that without question

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What modem do you have? It might be a driver issue with Windows 7.

What answer do you get from troubleshooting?

After the update the Broadband connection went down. No link to the modem according to the modem light.

Is there something in the update that might affect the networking capabilities of windows 7 ultimate. It was working fine prior to that without question

what were the updates installed ,maybe there was one for the network adapter that didn't work you need to rollback driver for the device in device manager .right click on mycomputer to find link to device manager .if you don't know what updates were installed check by going to start all programs and open windows update and check install updates to view recent updates installed

Since it happened after installing it, I guess it definitely is a driver issue. This has been expected with Windows 7 and I guess it will be fixed sooner as some of the problems appear as well.

I want it software windows 7 genuine please, thank,s

I want it software windows 7 genuine please, thank,s

just call Microsoft and they will sell you a key for it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.