Which of the two os do you think is better in:

a. affordability
b. graphics rendering
c. media playing
d. multi-processing
e. gui
f. support

Hmm... let's see...
a. Obviously Windows 7 here. You don't have to buy an overpriced white box just to install Windows 7, you can use any hardware that meets the requirements.
b. This is a question of hardware, not software. How fast you can render depends on your GPU and CPU, not your software.
c. Media playing? Well there will be more options for Windows than there will be for Mac OS, so I'd say Windows 7 again, though really this is a moot point... either one can play media.
d. Multi-processing? You mean having multi-core processors? I think both support that... you'd be freaking obsolete if you didn't.
e. I've always preferred the Windows GUI over the Mac OS GUI, and you can customize the Windows GUI a lot more than the Mac OS GUI, but I guess it's really down to personal preference on this count.
f. Both should have good support from Microsoft and Apple, respectively, but since Windows has a way higher market share, you'll be able to find a lot more support from third parties for Windows.

a. snow leopard
b. windows 7
c. snow leopard
d. snow leopard
e. windows 7
f. snow leopard

a. windows 7
b. windows 7
c. snow leopard
d. snow leopard
e. windows 7
f. snow leopard

a. Windows 7 software price for this might be higher than mac but hardware requirements for this is much cheaper
b. Windows 7 better for gaming
c. Snow Leopard
d. Snow leopard
e. Windows 7
f. Snow leopard

It's great how nobody bothers to even try to explain their choices. Unless you need to do Mac-specific things, of which there are very few, there's really no reason to overpay for a Macintosh. Just get a Windows 7 PC. It can do everything a Mac can do and then some.

Snow Leopard all the way. not that I use one. But their user say ti all. Graphic artist.

a. affordability
b. graphics rendering
c. media playing
d. multi-processing
e. gui
f. support

a. Windows 7...No need to buy an overpriced shiny white box just to run Mac. (But if you are going to hack it aka hackintosh then well it changes)
b. Windows 7 slightly....
c. Both...third party softwares like VLC media player eliminate any win/loos in this situation.
d. Windows 7 (slightly)...Apple blacklisted atom processors from running snow leopard...while windows 7 has good hyperthreading technology with windows 7 to better optimize atom processors and i7's
e. Personally I prefer windows 7 GUI...the taskbar is more productive than snow leopard's and the aero interface is beautiful.
f. Well as for support Windows 7 hands down. There are just way too many third party forums (like this one) where people are dedicated to help. As for official support from the companies well thats a tie i guess.

Is there a context to this question.

Brand new Computer
Hardware or just Software?
Personal use at home?
Freelance users?
Small Business User?
Enterprise?

All of these could lead to vastly different answers.

Well if you are comparing simply the 2 Operating Systems then I would have to say
a. Snow Leopard
b. Snow Leopard by Far
c. Draw
d. Draw
e. Snow Leopard by Far
f. Snow Leopard by Far

Well if you are comparing simply the 2 Operating Systems then I would have to say
a. Snow Leopard
b. Snow Leopard by Far
c. Draw
d. Draw
e. Snow Leopard by Far
f. Snow Leopard by Far

and your basing that on what? Your exclusive love for OS X...?

Those answers mean nothing but personal preferences.

You are basing your review of my review on what? Your extensive knowledge of me? Actually I run a Network for a Law firm with XP and Windows 7 Machines. I know both operating systems very well and I have been with Windows since the days of 98 and Mac since the days of OS 10.3. Mac is far more stable and has a much better track record.

and your basing that on what? Your exclusive love for OS X...?

Those answers mean nothing but personal preferences.

As would anyone else.

What metric could you use to score other than 100 / 1000 people picked at random.

I am an IT Trainer working with Microsoft Desktop Applications and Operating Systems for the last 12 years. I purchased my first Apple Mac 6 months ago and I would recommend Mac over Microsoft everytime. Its easier to use, faster , cheaper and more secure. Computers more experience upfront but are better built and in the long run work out cheaper because once you buy your PC, then you have to buy office, Internet Security program and it goes on and on with security updates. Get access to a Mac for a few hours and you'll never look back!

a. Snow Leopard
b. Snow Leopard by Far
c. Draw
d. Draw
e. Snow Leopard by Far
f. Snow Leopard by Far

Hahaha... that's rich.

Holy cow, so many trolls and/or morons in here. Seriously OP, anyone telling you to go with a Mac is retarded or trolling. You'll pay way more for less computer and more restrictions, and the only "security" they have is security through obscurity, since Apple has such a pitiful market share that nobody bothers programming viruses for Mac OS.

I am an IT Trainer working with Microsoft Desktop Applications and Operating Systems for the last 12 years.

No you're not.

Actually I run a Network for a Law firm with XP and Windows 7 Machines.

No you don't.

I thought Daniweb was supposed to be full of smart guys?

commented: Antagonistic and without facts +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.