Windows 7 Home Premium detects the proper resolution (1680 X 1050) when right clicking on desktop and going to the screen resolution screen and clicking Detect. However, when th computer sleeps or is restarted, the resolution goes back to 800 X 600 and has to be reset. Have tried this with 2 different ATI video cards (9600 and X1650) with same result. All ATI most recent drivers have been installed. Very frustrating! Anyone have similar problems and hopefully a solution?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

it doesn't occur in mine. Nor any of my friends. I think there might be some settings problem on your system.

Cannot find any "settings" you refer to on the system. I have installed 27 copies of Windows 7 so far without any problems, just this machine with these older ATI cards

Cannot find any "settings" you refer to on the system. I have installed 27 copies of Windows 7 so far without any problems, just this machine with these older ATI cards

i had a radeon 9200 and it installed drivers but didn't function proper,there were no win7 drivers for it just winxp i think, i install with winxp compatibility, so i bought a newer card with nvida chipset

Have tried a NVIDIA card now - still doesn't remember resolution!

try something a little lower like 1440x900, what happens

the ploblem is that you dont save the seting try to save seting and follow full instraction of shut down the computer if you do this propartil and you still have the problem chake hardware care full and scan for virus

Please speak English! What you said here is rubbish!

so lower setting didn't make any difference, i assume

Hi,
I'm using Pinnacle Pctv pro 5.10, this was working fine with xp os, now I have migrated to windows 7, the drivers are not compatble with this os, so plz sombody let know the what I can do to install driver for pctv5.10 and make it work in window7, I have posted on this, I couldn't create the new tread

Thanks
Tippesh

Hi,
I couldn't create the new tread

please give it a try again,as hijacking anothers thread is against fourms policies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.