my wifes computer kept locking up,win 7 operating system,tried safe mode same thing thought i would reload win 7 but cant dlete or format hdd now i can even load windows anymore stays on the load pages all day and nite
tried a few times always same thing windows is loading!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i would reload win 7 but cant dlete or format hdd now i can even load windows anymore stays !

hi please be careful of typos than can mean 2 different things [ now i can even load windows] you mean can't ,right

anyway are you using the win7dvd to format and reload ,as you can't format/delete windows from within windows ,as it is being used

yes your right,my spelling is bad cause i type like crap,anyway im in process of rebuilding to a different motherboard,think old one went bad ,cause while i try to reload windows 7 it will get to windows start up screen and then just lock up,for hours and even a day!

Hi
well dear just right click on your desire hard drive icon and go with formate.

your hard drive will formate

Thanks
Regards

Hi
well dear just right click on your desire hard drive icon and go with formate.

your hard drive will formate

Thanks
Regards

well dear you are incorrect ,post just to show link in your signature you should at least know what you are talking about , if windows is using /installed on the partition it will not format from within windows

Hi,
Try downloading the program UBCD (link in my signature) , make a CD and boot your machine from that. You can format your drive check it to ensure it is OK check a whole list of other things before you reinsert your Windows 7 DVD to install again.

You can delete or format the partition by Windows 7 installation DVD, if there are files on your desktop, you'd better recover files before delete or format.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.