Okay so I recently have no clue what's causing it but I can predict a BSOD and can prevent it sometimes. Everytime this has happened I have been gaming. The warning sign is I will start to hear the sound get distoreded and then it progressivily gets worst and worst, sometimes the framerate drops and things start locking up. Everytime now when I catch this sound issue I quickly exit the game I am playing and try to restart my computer, I would like to point out that after exiting the game my windows sounds are also distored and my mouse lags. The reason I say I try to restart is cause one time I tried to restart to have the BSOD appear.

Now the BSOD displays the message "MACHINCE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" and has yet to complete a memory dump (the last time I remember it stopping or I should say froze on 55). I am pretty sure it's not my PSU as that has been recently replace it but I wouldn't like to rule that out. Earlier on I had an issue that was casue by a cable touching my motherboard and computer case (and friend told me I was causing small shorts to the MOBO). Could I have damaged the motherboard or is it something else. I hope what I have written has made sense, I would also like to point out I have found no pattern to when this event occurs, and it has only happened while I was gaming (the reason I say pattern is cause sometimes I can play a game fine, then the exact same game can cause this issue).

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

A little info would be of use. You have said nothing at all about what version of windows you are using or what hardware you have or what the replacement PSU is or why you replaced the old one.

Oh yes sorry about this.

- Intel Core i7-920 @ 2.67GHz
- Corsair XMS3 2GB DDR3 (6 Sticks)
- Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD
- BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 1GB DDR3
- ASUS P6T Motherboard
- Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler
- Ultra X4 1050W PSU
- Sony IDE DVD-DL
- 2x Acer X203W 20" Monitors
* Or 1x Acer, 1x Sony 32" 1080p TV (Bravia EX4)
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Thermaltake Armor+ Full-Tower

well I might be able to rule out the Mobo soon, I was at a lan party, and everyone who was on this one powerstip had all our PCs shut down (6 in total including mine). When everyone turned back on their systems everyone elses booted up fine except mine. No POST, CPU fans spun up, green light on my GPU but got that sleep indicator on my monitor and no USB power

I tried swapping out PSUs, Pulling all my RAM trying to boot with 1 stick, even tried someone elses monitor. I want to say that Mobo was wearing out (cause there was issues earlier on where I might have had a short in it)

I'll take a crack at that sight once I get the new motherboard in and can access the HD

Is it completely dead at the moment then?

New motherboard back in and the system is running again, all i can think is that that power strip going out fried my board, and that it was already weak from an earlier issue. BUt I have the new board in no problems so far, but i haven't really had a chance to do some intense gaming to test it out

I am having exactly the same issue. I am guessing this has something to do with Win7 + ASUS motherboard. Here's my system:

INTEL CORE i7 920 2,66GHz TRAY
ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 7 PRO REV.2 775/1156/1366/AM2+/AM3/939
ASUS P6T SE
MAXCUBE VORTEX 3620 ATX NO PSU
CORSAIR PSU 750W 14CM FAN ATX 80+
SAMSUNG 640GB SATAII 16MB
OEM/MS Win Ultimate 7 64bit/EN DVD
OCZ DDR3 6GB Gold 3channel Kit
SMG DVDRW 22X MULTICOL RET NERO S-ATA LS
ASUS HD5870 PCIE 1G DDR5 2XDVI/HDMI/DP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.