I have a fresh installed w7 64bit(previously 32bit) for my laptop. At first I can download any files for both firefox 3.6.13 and ie 8. However, with a couple of w7 updates I was unable to download any files from both browsers. What I did is go to system restore to isolate the issue turn off the w7 update and back to normal for ie8 however i notice that firefox is the same (it auto delete, observe that on a bigger mb see the temp file then after completion removed). Since I can move on with ie 8 which can only download after a reboot both now cannot download any file from any site even a right click save as.

Help me please this is been an issue for me for window 7.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is not normal windows behviour. What antivirus and antimalware software have you got and have you done full scans with them recently? Did they find anything? If so, what?

i have nod32 on it and i try uninstalling the av however issue is still there.. :(

Nod32 is antivirus, what antimalware software do you use?

w bit defender...i have resolve for firefox by editing a config but issue still exists with ie..

Bit Defender is also antivirus and not antimalware.

You should only ever use 1 antivirus program as they can clash with one another.

Download Mbam - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php update it, and do a FULL scan. Post it's resulting log here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.