I have a BYO computer and it has been running great with windows vista ultimate x64. It has a Phenom II x4 945 processor and 8 gigs of ram and Radeon HD 4850 1GB DDR3. I'm trying to update to windows 7 ultimate x64 and it installs correctly until I reach setup. I get "consistency errors on disk" and an error code that just flashes before even allowing to see and go to setup. I've looked everywhere and they only say to use command prompt and I have no idea how to access it. Is there anyone that has had this problem or has a solution?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could be the CD/DVD drive read/write head that may have some dirt. Try cleaning the drive with a CD cleaning kit and see how it goes, If its not the drive it could be the DVD disk.

It could also be a failing hard drive. Have a look at what make the drive is and get a diagnostic program from the manufacturers website and test it!

Try HDD TEST,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.