I have a 16GB Verbatim USB flash drive and each time I insert it into a USB port I get the error message; "USB device not recognised". I have tried many suggestions but none of them have worked. Unlike most other posts, my USB ports work just fine, the problem is my USB flash drive. What should I do?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Have you tested it on another computer?

Have you checked for updated usb/chipset drivers?

you cant say your pen drive is dead until you check these..

1-most of the time because of malfunctioning of the port you get such error.
2-fresh install window then try again.
3-try in different computers
4-format your pen drive in quad core computer coz it has higher data transfer speed it can format.
try these any of them will definatly help you.

You could try running it on a linux distro, it might help. Use fdisk or fsck.ntfs there is no guarantee that it will fix your flashdrive.

jeffreylee@

re: 4- Wrong, USB transfer speed have nothing to do with the CPU speed or the amount of CPU cores.

does it show in the taskpane...with that green arrowed icon

I have a 16GB Verbatim USB flash drive and each time I insert it into a USB port I get the error message; "USB device not recognised". I have tried many suggestions but none of them have worked. Unlike most other posts, my USB ports work just fine, the problem is my USB flash drive. What should I do?

Of course, you need to try it on a different computer. IF it works on the other computer, you have some comparison troubleshooting to do. If it does not work on the other computer, take it back to the store and get another one.

Have you tried any other 16GB USB Flash drives on the comuter in question?

if you are trying in your computer plz first check your flash driver.it will be corrupt or uninstall but in everything fine then check another computer after that not recognize by computer then your USB Device have some damage problem.

update the driver of your usb port or try to enable usb port at the BIOS set up.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.