Hello
I recently have some BSOD's wich lead in reinstalling windows completly,

They when i shutdown my computer, shutting down the computer takes ages, wich lead in BSOD with i think this mssg, the computer didn't make a minidump but did create the folder.

When the computer restarts i can enter my password and then i have just a black screen with a mouse cursor.

also when i use taskmanager to startup devicemanager it doesn't show any exclamation marks in the list.

i have this computer for about 4 months now. just added the new monitor Samsung xl2370 to my setup (currently my second screen is at samsung repair center for RMA, but it's a p2370)

Is there someone who experienced the same problem here or does someone have the solution i would be glad to hear about that,

i didn't reinstall the computer yet the last time it happend. so i can search for something you might need for helping me to get a solution. is

Also my PC setup is entered, and exactly what i have in there. The memory is listed in the compatible list of ASUS. (KHX1600C9D3/6GX)

Let me know when more information is needed. mean while i'm trying to get the BSOD again with my camara pointed at my screen.

Also i can't generate the file with the perfmon /report command. it shows that it can't acces the destination file.

this is the second time i have this problem the second time was 2 days after the complete reinstall.

The number of processes that are listed is: 24
And almost all the service's that are listed are status: stopped

also i've tried to recover with the original windows cd.

also it's possible to start windows in safe mode. i could access the dump file here.

also i could find the bluescreen itself with bluescreenview:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

the problem seems to be caused by the following file: dxgmms1.sys
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bla Bla Bla

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8006e44930, 0xfffff80000b9c518, 0xfffffa8005789480)

*** dxgmms1.sys - address 0xfffff88003f4d376 base at 0xfffff88003f43000 DateStamp 0x4d3fal174

I can also post the dump file if needed

Greetings,,

Mike

Seeing as it's only 4 months old, you should get it fixed under warranty!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.