I am running Windows 7. After 60 seconds, when I search using Windows Explorer search box, I get the following message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

To correct this problem I have tried the following. I did a clean boot even excluding windows programs and the problem was still there. I have installed all the latest Windows 7 updates. I also tried sfc /scannow and I turned off MS security software and firewall all to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try? Would there be some type of log file somewhere that would tell me what is causing the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think that happens when an exception is thrown that isn't caught. Had that message from a VS2008 app once before.

try disabling any anti-virus software you may have running.

I don't know how this happened but under Windows Search Properties>Recovery>"Restart service after:" somehow was changed from 0 to 1. I changed it back to 0 and everything is now back to normal. Thanks to all who tried to help.

yeto

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.