Hello!
After moving the router and making my stationary computer "Wireless" - that is to say giving it an wireless network (A LevelOne WNC-0305USB connected to an Asus RT-N16).
Just few days ago, I got loads of problems with slow internet connection and sometimes it kicks me from the network, and I'm not able to connect to it again, I will have to restart my computer several times just to get the internet working for a half hour. I have solved problems with internal IP conflicts, giving my computer the IP: 192.168.1.10
For the looks of it, it seems like an virus, having installed MSE, I did check my computer just yesterday turning up nothing. I know that viruses often disables different security features in the computer. I do always try to keep my computer up to date, and I remember getting an update, fixing for example the print screen function of a specific window (Alt + Print Screen)
It might be about some issues with the LevelOne Wirelsess USB Dongle, but as it functions quite good on my Ubuntu boot of the computer (Just being dropped a few times from the router, but it regains the connection quite fast)

Please help!

try to scan your PC deep scan, make sure your antivirus is updated...

Are you sure that moving that far away Range didnt come into effect and you lost out on sigal.

best you try a proper anti virus program, with a firewall, that would give you insight on if anythings up, Ie firewall whos connections in and out, so bad connections or programs running you can disuse/block.

run a rootkit virus scan,
full system scan
adware scan,
and check your network settings to make sure its not proxy'd IE given a waste of a time ip and port, or SOCK connetion,
make sure your in rage of your router,

i wouldent change automatic settings for yoru network, you might be using an ip of 192.168.1.10 but in a range of 192.168.0.0 / 192.168.0.255.

i would recomend comodo system security, for security, good maintenance and easy troubleshooting.

WorldHack.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.