when i start my hp pc p6040in with windows vista home basic, it shows me a blank screen with message Err1Err2 and after pressing enter it shows me message DISK BOOT FAILURE.INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER........also i am unable to start system recovery option.

i have tried replugging the hard disk connections and changing the the sata port connection of hard drive to mother board.

any solution will be highly appriciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Boot failiure can be caused by improper shutdown.Try recovering by using your windows setup disc,and if its beyond recovery,backup the drive using another pc(if required) an reinstall windows.

something wrong with the PSU or the HDD... try to check that mr jacobz6....

If you have the original OS copy just do as the system asks you to by inserting the OS disc it will resolve the problem by itself if it is system s/w related problem.

Hi jacobz6, I have spent the last month with the same messages on my screen and I do the rescue system which takes hours sometimes, then it still doesn't work, so I tried complete reinstall, and when done and rebooted doesn't work. Finally it wouldn't even let me try to install anything. I took it to the shop and right away they discovered my hard drive was VERY corrupted and since it was the boot drive that was bad, nothing worked. Replaed the harddrive, and rensall of Windows 7. It has never run this good. I think it was a bad disk when I firt bought it and had Windows installed. Now, finally, it runs very smooth and does not crash ever. I wish had gone to the shop sooner. Please let us know if you solve your trouble. catmom51

The problem was completely with the hard disk as it was not getting detected. I confirmed this by plugging it in other computer.When i inserted disk as asked by OS ,it showed me message no hard drive found like somthing. The thing is this that the hdd crashed. So the only solution was to replace it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.