Hey everyone, I've had problems with my vaio before, but this time I really don't know what the problem is. Basically, I came home and I plugged it in and when I turned it on, I immediately realized that the screen was still black like how it is when the display is off. I checked the LED lights on the corner and the power one was on, but all the rest were not. Usually, if i click the power button now, the computer would be put to sleep, but it just stuck there. Nothing shows up on the display and I don't know what the problem is. If anyone knows anything about this, I would appreciate if you could help me out. Thank you.

Say goodbye to your Vaio. Pull the hard drive, get an external USB carrier for the drive and a new laptop, then restore your data to the new system. You will have to reinstall your software first. Good luck.

P.S. DON'T get a new Vaio. Sony makes it very difficult to use non-branded external devices or other operating systems such as Linux. My wife had one that caused her nothing but grief. Now, you would have to pry her Mac out of her cold, dead fingers! Myself, I use Dell's for my laptops. Not bullet proof, but they do give good support and fast repairs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.