any knows how to recover Drive along data (formatted drive)after installing windows..??any software or tool ??

urgent reply is required

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

hi, i had success with this one ,but there are many more programs available on the net ,just google "recover deleted files" or "recover file from formatted hard drive "
http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Goto command prompt and enter external drive letter (eg. G:)

and try these commands chkdsk/r and chkdsk/f

If they wont work use ur harddisk manufacturing tools to diagnose or troubleshoot the problem.
or go to
SNIPPED

Goto command prompt and enter external drive letter (eg. G:)
and try these commands chkdsk/r and chkdsk/f
If they wont work use ur harddisk manufacturing tools to diagnose or troubleshoot the problem.
or go to
http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-recover-formated-harddisk-files-windows-xp

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

It may further destroy any data - or at least, it may end up getting "lost". Explaining why is beyond the scope of this thread at the moment.

RULE 1:
STOP USING THE HDD:
everytime you use it, every single seek/access/read/write activity may be taking you further and further away from recovoering your data. DO NOTHING TO TRY AND 'REPAIR' IT! you may end up destroying the very things you are trying to save.

RULE 2:
Use another Harddrive/Computer:
plug your HDD into a computer so that you are not running the Operating System From that drive.

RULE 3:
Install Recovery Software to another HDD:
Why? see Rule 1 above.

RULE 4:
Save your results to a different drive:
Once you have got your results from your Recovery Software, save the results to another HDD
See Rule 1

Recovery tools.

hopefully you only did a "quick format", else you may be pushing uphill.
I personally use this:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/comparison.htm
notice the free version is limited to 1gb of data. but you can useit to do the scan, see what it will pull up, then save the results, buy the full version, and get your data.
It takes forever to do a scan, (it may take days on a 1tb hdd) but it recovers every file regardless of it's type. Many recovery programs only scan for certain file types, like music or videos.

It reads the pysical data on the disk, rather than just reading the file system. that is why it takes a long time. some recovery programs just read the file system, anything that says 'recover deleted files' is not going to help here.

In a perfect world, you want to

Run it with a UPS on a separate PC if you have any risk at all of a powercut, as if your PC goes off, or reboots, you start at the start again. Sleep is ok, Hybernate is OK (as long as you PC reliably resumes it's state, some do not) power off/reboot is not.

you could also look at this:
http://hddregenerator.net/
I use it, but I do not think that it is for you in this instance. What it can do though, is help speed the previous program up, as EaseUs DRWPro does not like bad sectors very much. That call is up to you. I usually do not use it first. I don't like doing anything that has the potential to touch/damage/lose data.

a list of reviewed tools is here:
top ten reviews
note: I do not endorse any of these products at 'top ten' as I have never used them. I know and trust Easeus. It has been good to me - 12/13 HDD = complete recovery. This list is provided simply for the benefit of the user, that he may have a look at some alternatives if he should so choose to.

Dear Friend ... If you are formatted your drive and install windows on partition so data recovery is possible 60-70% because which sector overwrite when you instaling windows so data recovery is not possible 100%. Use Data Recovery Software "GETDATABACK" FAT & NTFS Partition.

Please Download GETDATABACK Software

You obviously haven't figured out how to load your spam link along with your post.

any knows how to recover Drive along data (formatted drive)after installing windows..??any software or tool ??

urgent reply is required

I wanna ask whether you overwritten some data on your hard drive, if yes then the recovery is not possible at all. Otherwise, use a backup to get back the data if you haven't anything on it.

You can also use some third party hard disk recovery software in case you do not have sufficient backup or copy of the data on the hard drive.

this appears to be at least three months old!
M

Use "Get Data Back Recovery Software". It is possible that all your data will back if you have not Read/Write that harddisk partition.
Find serial key from net otherwise you can not recover data. In trial mode you can find for deleted files.

Or use Recuva recovery software by piriform from here http://www.piriform.com/recuva

I recommend to use first Recuva because it's tiny and Free.

it been November 2011 since original poster made and i recommended Recuva back then ,wanna bet the original is gone to never never computer land

i am not advies this kind of way to recover your partition ,, u can find alot of programes on the google search ..

I also recommend recuva.

I will suggest you to use getdataback software which is really good for getting your data back easily. In fact, I lost my file before 2 months and then get my file back with the help of getdataback software. So, you should give a try to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.