Hi... I have been trying to fix a Acer aspire 1 ZA3 (mini laptop) for some hours, but the operating system is missing. have any 1 got a clue how to repair it? I have tryed to take the FN/ESC and power button and several other things, but im not getting any were cause of the missing operative system.... How do i fix it? The person that borrowed it said there is a password that he have forgot on windows, but i cant get in to widows at all. i have also got Bios shadowed and system shadowed.

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

Hi... I have been trying to fix a Acer aspire 1 ZA3 (mini laptop) for some hours, but the operating system is missing. have any 1 got a clue how to repair it? I have tryed to take the FN/ESC and power button and several other things, but im not getting any were cause of the missing operative system.... How do i fix it? The person that borrowed it said there is a password that he have forgot on windows, but i cant get in to widows at all. i have also got Bios shadowed and system shadowed.

if it windows 7 you can boot from the install DVD and run "repair this computer" option.

It is windows vista, the comp is about 2-3 years old, and now it wouldt let me get in to the bios part at all

one option would be to use a bootable usb flash drive with windows 7 on it and install that operating system instead.

Have u got a good site to download from, i guess i cant use the thoshiba recovery on it because it is w7 64 bits

the acer netbook should have a recovery on a separate partition on the hard drive, you should use one of the FN keys to get you to boot options ,where you can choose to boot to the recover and run it ,usually f10 or f11

hehe i took the hdd out, removed dust ans it started to work. but now there is a password that the person who brrowed it cant remember, and i cant run recovery on it :(

a power on password?
or a login password?

widows login password. and when i try 2 boot the comp nothing happends...

It is a windows log in password, and i cant reboot the notebook, and that is strange

best answer is to force the password guy who said he 'forgot' to remember....
he is a jerk.
i can help you if he won't.

a widows log in password, im trying to run recovery, but the comp dosent start up recovery, it jumps straight to the password place

tell that person to remember the password, they are an IT Pro teasing you

if not, call the cops, you are getting on my nerves

commented: Then perhaps you should just stay out of threads where you can't offer anything useful? -4

you need a recovery disc or Windows install disc to run recovery

hehe nothing worked, i gave the shit back to my x and said he should solve his shit out by him self. @skilly, in almoast every new mini shits there are a recovery partition in the cpu. and if a make u mad, dont read my posts ;)

If you are able to get into the windows login screen and see the windows logo, there's no way that I know of to crack the password to log into windows.

If it's a BIOS password that has been set, open up the laptop and look for a circular battery. It's called the CMOS and is in fact a battery. Remove that battery for a minute then put it back in. Turn the laptop on and the BIOS password should be clear.

you need a recovery disc or Windows install disc to run recovery

or the recovey partition on the harddrive ,and you can access it through the f8 key/options on most newer laptops/computers

that is true caper, laila just has to tap f8 while starting.
and i believe there is a way to reset the passwords through CMD in recovery. i don't remember the command, but i know i saw it in a thread somewhere here on daniweb....

-edit but it may have been a CMD for XP
@ laila: i didn't mean to sound mad, but i get frustrated because i've seen this before(and never the owner's fault, really)...
in the future, you should create a standard user account for people who can use your computer, and keep the administrator user password to yourself.

the drawback to this is standard users cannot install stuff and they will eventually ask for your password...

I have tried to push F8,9,2,11,12 and every one of those buttons when i push F8 i get returned to the windows log in page after 5 sec.

then,(as said before) you will need a repair or install disc. repair discs are sold online for $10.

-i just realized you're going to also need a USB DVD/CD external player.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.