hey i need help my windows media player won't play any of my videos anymore it used to but one day i try playing a music video and it only played the sound not the video please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

not sure what version you are using but did you try updating it .
when mine fuggs up i use VLC media player till i get media player fixed
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

i thought that too but when i check to see if there were any updates there wasn't any so i went searching for answers

I used the VCL player too until...This is how i think it happened though im not really sure....i tried playing something on my VLC player and i think it was trying to update or something so i just let it and after that i played the video again on the VCL player and i only had sound no video so i tried my WMP too and same problem.

no wait i remember now the vcl player wasnt updating it said rebuilding cache or something like that. well i uninstalled my VCL player and installed yours it works thanks ^^

great to hear you got it working, please mark thread as solved

not yet well the VCL player you gave me to download worked yesterday but it stopped working today it only plays the sound again not the video. is there sonthing wqrong with my computer??

must be something wrong somewhere ,have scanned for virus/trojans lately .i would suggest www.malwarebytes.org ,free version ,run the full scan,after scan ends view results and fix suggested .it will create a log ,copy and past the log results back here if you wish

First we need to check to solve. But i think reinstall is the best way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.