I read the thread about this that was about 13 pages long, but I saw people were saying to start a new thread if you have a problem.

The laptop = Acer Aspire 5532

The problem = Since yesterday, when I turn the computer on after about 3 seconds the screen goes dark. I can still (barely) see the screen, but it's very dark.

I've tried the 60 seconds of holding the power button unplugged with no luck.

Last night i was playing around with the cords near the screen and somehow got it to work for a few hours. It didn't work when I woke up this morning, I tried doing the same things, with no luck.

Just so you guys no, this happened out of no where, I didn't drop it recently and nothing bad was done to it. Hopefully this is fixable, and it's extremely frustrating for me to figure out. Thank you!

It could be a fault with the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. If you know what you are doing then you could replace it yourself. If you don't then you will have to take it to a professional.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.