I have a laptop, i have pluged it with a wire which is near to the router it worked but when i connected it a wire which is 60m away from router it says "UN-identified network", please help me to resolve it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

60 meters may be too far, try from closer first to see if distance is a factor which i would say it is.

if this fixes the problem Try using a better arial or making a parabole google windsurfer for a simple 5minute design.

If it doesnt fix the problem ensure you have not set a static ip address under the network controller properties then on the wireless tab delete all profiles and try again ensuring you have the correct settings as on the router you may need to login to the router and adjust.

What operating system are you using and wireless utility? if you need more help that is.

it isnt wireless , it is wired... I am using Xp sp2, and have a static ip too with all correct parameter's.

although 120 ft,is not really far ,the max for ca5 is about 300ft.if you are using cat6 [max is about 700ft ]cable then i would try a length of that ,signal deteriorates as it gets farther away from the source

Hi Majestics,

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable to see if that resolves your problem?

If not it sounds like a service could be the culprit you can try this and see if it works for you.

->Run
->MsConfig
-> Services

Disable the service called "##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762 ##"
Reboot system. Let me know if that helps or not will try something different if not.

upgrade to sp3

*update not upgrade, the problem is signal attenuation(conductance)learn about electronics, you have to start from the beginning, you cannot start at end, because why?

Nothing works, I simply bought a new switch to forward the connection............ and it worked... thank you all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.