1.11M Members

Virus Detection Failure?

Hello guys, I am using Avast free version. Recently i tried to mail one of my file from google by archiving it in RAR format. I do regular scans and use external devices carefully. My antivirus didnt detect it as virus but google do. Its almost impossible as avast is one of the top antivirus. Now I want your comments on this case.

It depends. Google might think it's a "Hack tool" or something, not just a virus, and thus might detect it and deny you sending it while your virus scanner might not care about it, since it's a user tool. I don't know otherwise, but I personally wouldn't go with avast, and would use MSE or AVG from personal experience. And it's always possible to get past an anti-virus solution, that's what "Zero Day" attacks and malware are for.

Thanks! So there is no need to worry in this case?

Actually its been more than 6years i am using avast. I never had any problem. In last 1 year my PC got affected totally by my mistake. N my every folder was containing copy of virus but using AVAST I cleared all the disk. And best part was i didnt loss any data n everything was fine.
Your comments pls????

That's normally what would happen with anti-virus software. Nothing special.

:D thanks. Marking it as solved.

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by Shinedevil
Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article