I used the wireless adapter(Netgear - WG111v3) on my computer for weeks without any trouble at all.
(At the time i installed it, I remember I found out it didn't work/didn't work well on windows 7 so I downloaded some driver or something -- Don't really remember -- and it worked fine.)

The setup file I'm using:
http://support.netgear.com/app/answe...ail/a_id/12962

The computer:
Windows 7, 64 bit
8 GB ram

Suddenly, today, it stopped working...
I have tried a lot of drivers and even tried installing Vista 64 bit drivers (something that worked for someone in some thread), but it won't work..

The adapter is recognized by the computer, but the smart wizard won't launch.

I try to launch it and nothing seems to happen, although the process is listed in task manager..

----------

I tried installing it on my laptop - which is also using windows 7 64 bit and has 3 GB ram.

On my other computer it installed the software and then told me to plug in the adapter and press next.
As I did so, a little box came up saying "System initialization..blabla.." and then it just shut down.

On my laptop however, after the "System initialization" box showed up, it continued. Asking me to either use WPS to connect, or manually enter the network info.

for some reason, my other computer(not the laptop) doesn't go as far as my laptop does..

-------------

I disabled the windows firewall and my third party firewall - it still does not work.

I come to the box saying "System initialization.. Please wait.." and it shuts down.
The smart wizard launches (nothing shows on screen, but I can see it in the task manager, under processes) and a little notification comes up telling me that the drivers have been installed

-----------

I checked the driver installed on my laptop and my desktop computer.
They were the same, exactly the same.
Both from NETGEAR, both the same version, the same date.
I also checked which drivers they used and it was the same 2
(...\system32\DRIVERS\wg111v3.sys)
and
(...\System32\drivers\vwifibus.sys)

I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH.
BONJOUR WAS NOT ON, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I SPENT DAYS ON T HIS SHIT.

Well that was the asnwer - if anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem as me.

I had to start the service Bonjour.

the service Bonjour is for I-Tunes ,and is only install after/when you install itunes ,so it will not be a fix for people who don't use/have itunes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.