Hey guys I'm looking for some help to a recent problem.

I've been playing League of Legends for about a month, but recently (first time it happend was on July 2nd) while playing, my computer will crash to Blue Screen randomly. If it's not crashing to Blue Screen, I'm getting a "Bug Splat" error and the game will crash. I don't know much about the error but I searched a bit and found that it traced back to something called Minidump? I have average knowledge about computers, but I have never heard of Minidump, what it's for or what it does.

If I could get some help fixing this it would be awesome :)

PS: I ran a memtest recently and it came up with three errors very quickly. I don't know if the problems could be related? I'm going to replace my memory as soon as I get home, as I'm overseas for school and cannot do it while im here.

Thanks for reading.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

hi, first minidump is a windows function ,it save info about the bsod to a minidump file for evaulation ,bluescreen viewer will read the dump and give you a log of past bsod's Ram is a major cause of bsod's .if you computer has more than one stick of ram you can troubleshoot by running one stick at a time and run the memtest ,this should help find the bad stick .you could use bluescreen view to help with showing the conteny of your saved minidump files .

If you follow these directions you should end up with a few BSOD events recorded and a place for us to start looking -

Please download BlueScreenView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html (in zip file)•Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.

•Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)

•When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...

•Edit > Select All

•File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.

•Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...

•Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..

•Edit > Select All

•Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.

Blue screen of death is a hardware problem n windows...if u have more than one ram either of ur RAM memory would have been corrupted..u should try to use the system with one ram board at a time to see which ram has failed.

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

caperjack I followed your directions and here's what I got. I tried copy/pasting but I would get an error that said:

"The code snippet in your post is formatted incorrectly. Please use the Code button in the editor toolbar when posting whitespace-sensitive text or curly braces."

So I decided to upload the file. Hope you can take a look at at it,

Thank you very much!

had a quick look and all or most of the files in the report are system files ,and giving that your ram scan showed problems i suggest trying to trouble shoot the ram ,
lets see how many ram modules are in you computer using speecy program .

Lets find out what you have inside.

Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.

Download, http://209.62.107.107/speccy/download/standard  , install, and run.
After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.
Click Yes. A web address will be displayed.
Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post.
Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, if available.

ASUS N53SV-xv1
I have a duel GPU setup on my laptop. It used integrated Intel Graphics when not gaming, but when I'm gaming it automatically used NVidia GeForce GT540M 1GB graphics card.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aiTkKq2GKvjt1S44JBPiJZ5
Theres my Speccy information.

I did the Memory Scan on Crucial's website and this is what it tell me:

Memory:
DDR3 PC3-10600
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Currently Installed Memory: 8GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: -1
4GB
2GB
2GB
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600 with a maximum of 8GB Kit (4GBx2) per slot.*

Which is accurate because this laptop came with 4gb installed and i put in another 4gb myself

yeah speecy shows 3 sticks
i would still remove them leaving one in at a time and scan to check each one to find any bad ones .i use memtest86, you can download the iso file and create a bootable disk to run the scans ver 4,0a will do .
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

Do I need a blank CD to create a bootable disk? Or can I use Daemon Toorls, or similar software?

a blank cd ,because the scan needs to run at bootup,not in a cdrom emulator

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.