I run Win 7 Home Premium.

All of a sudden I got a problem with upstarting browsers. The browser processes start for a second, then disappear. Browsers (windows) do not start.

Here is detail description.

I have 2 browsers: firefox and IE.
When I start my computer and try to start FF, the firefox.exe process appears for a second or 2, and then disapears. The FF browser does not start.
The same thing happens with IE.
But then I noticed that if I click IE many times, and many iexlpore.exe processes will start, than before they disappear, I click FF and then firefox.exe starts and FF browser starts. In this case those (many) iexplore.exe processes still exist, but IE browser does not start.

Then I tried to download and install Chrome. It would not install - I get error (I believe 0x80040905). But this is sidenote.

I think there is something wrong with all browsers.

Here is my application log (in the vent log I get error that I think has to do with my problem)

Faulting application name: regsvr32.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bca28
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1dbbe
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008ae6e
Faulting process id: 0x172c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6529470ff37e
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 84c3a27f-d11c-11e1-bb59-002618247070

Hopefully I can get help here as I did not found the same problem elsewhere.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

To rule out any malware, I would suggest that from another computer, download a copy of MalwareBytes and copy it over via USB. Run it and remove all malware found on your PC.

You could also uninstall and reinstall the latest version of FF.

Thank you!

Indeed, Malwarebytes has helped to resolve the problem.
Very strange though as I have both Kaspersky and SpyBot active....

It found:
C:\ProgramData\Windows\wsse.dll (Rootkit.TDSS)
aqze.exe (Trojan.Agent)
ms0cfg32.exe (Exploit.Drop.GS)
oPR_c8iy.xlsx.part (Trojan.Agent)
a.txt (Worm.Traces)

Any idea which of them might cause the problem? ANd how I got it? :)

Its a Malware/Trojan.

Delete:

Regedit > HKCR\CLSID(312BFDCE-A901-4203-B4F2-ADCB957D1887)

1: C:\ProgramData\Windows\msseedir.dll
2: C:\ProgramData\Windows\ccdxmmde.dat
3: C:\ProgramData\Windows\drss.dat
4: C:\ProgramData\Windows\xessmsxe.dat
delete the whole folder C:\ProgramData\Windows if you like

or download Malwarebytes Antivirus and do a Quickscan.

I know its strange that the biggest Av Comapnys still dont have this in the Signatures, even after countless uploads to services like virustotal.com.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.