Hello everyone,

I would like to use HP's system recovery (F11 on boot menu, not the windows application) to revert my laptop to its factory state.
The thing is that i have created a disk partition to keep my data which wasn't present by default.

Will the recovery delete my partition or will it simply re-install windows on system (C:) partition?
(Laptop model is HP compaq 6730s)

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

to the best of my knowledge it will not delete the partition ,just reinstall on C:\, but having said that nothing is positive with computer and windows ,so its always best to backup any personal data before trying something like this ,back up to a external drive or DVD is my suggestion to you

Thanks mate..
Any other suggestions would be thankful!
anyone ever tried it actually?

The information you are looking for may be on HP's support website for that model. there is not standard for recovery disks, so it may or may not delete the existing partitions prior to reconfiguring new partitions on the hard drive.

If it was my drive, I would back up the data prior to performing this operation just in case it wipes the existing partition.

I 've searched on hp's support site but it's a bit blurry over there too...

I would backup my data, if i had any free space.... :D but for the time being it's not an option. Neither is burning discs for 120GB.
:S

Thanks

The backup solution that I would suggest is to copy data from one drive to another, or access to another computer. For example, if you can have both of these computers on the same network segment, you can backup over the network.

Or plug in another hard drive to this computer using a USB adapter, or remove the drive from that computer, plug it into another computer via a USB adapter.

There are a variety of ways to accomplish this. Whether or not you ultimately decide to use one of these options will depend on how much of a risk you are willing to take with your data.

In the end i was too bored to backup my files, so i did this:
Installed Windows 7 from dvd, and chose to format only C: partition so that the other ones where left un-touched.

I don't know if the restore partition can be used now but at least i skipped the boring backup process...
:)

Thanks for the answers!

I PUT MY HP LAPTOP ON FACETORY SETTINGS THAT TIME MY ALL PARTITION AND MY ALL DATA IS GONE.HOW TO RETRIEVE MY ALL DATA.PLS HELP ME

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.