This has been baffling me for a few weeks now.

I have an emachines laptop, its about 18 months old and I am on it every day working. While I am sat with the laptop on a table I have no problems but if I then move to the sofa and have the laptop on my lap, after about 15 minutes or so, the screen goes blank and the HD appears to come to a halt as there is little noise and hd light stops flashing. All other lights are still on but the only thing I can do is turn the laptop off and then back on.

I thought this is probably a overheating issue so purchased a 'laptop tray' with three fans in it but that has made no difference, I still have the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

if the motherboard/video or harddrive is overheating most laptop reays will do little to help ,in my opinion ,you might wantto use a can of compressed ait to clean out the fan and heatsinc, doesn't take much to make them run hot

I thought this is probably a overheating issue so purchased a 'laptop tray' with three fans

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.