After trying various solutions to the problem of Firefox crashing (a problem that began about a month ago), it looks more and more as if I'll be forced to phase out use of FF altogether, in favor of Google Chrome. As a last-ditch effort to salvage FF, however, I thought I would put research tentacles out to see if anyone might have had a similar problem, or know of a solution. My original thread (begun beginning of Sept) had me cleaning up the Windows registry, doing an Anti-spyware scan, disabling cookies, and momentarily disabling Norton 360 Antivirus. None of these solutions worked. Any other ideas??

you disable cookies and Antivirus ,did you disable the firefox addons ,and try firefox and see if it still crashes if it doesn't ,re-enabling them one at a time, to see if one of them maybe causing the crash

did you install the latest firefox .I use it[16.0.1] on win8 and it doesn't give me any problems at all .but over the years it has ,and was usually fixed by reinstall it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.