Recently I came across this problem. The company I work in has about 30 computers and some servers. Some of the computer I try to turn on the network and sharing connecting to the domain and save changes but it did not save and don't have any error on the changes. But when I go in again, its show network and sharing turn off.

The PC is using Window 7 Pro, CPU - Intel i5, 2GB RAM and 500GB hard disk.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hello,

I would be willing to bet that the ones you cannot save the settings on and gave them stay are not Win 7 Professional but either Windows 7 Home or Home Premium. they only support homegroups.

It's Window 7 Pro. I am sure of it. It was working fine until now. Scan with Trend Micro Worry Free internet security. Come out nothing. Appreciate if anybody can help.

Then it probably is Windows Firewall try turning it off and see if you can turn Network sharing on then, If that makes it so it works then:

Go to
Control panel>>windows firewall
Click on Allow a program or feature through windows firewall
Make sure file sharing and network discovery have been checkmarked.

The firewall is off as it is using Trend Micro Worry free business standard firewall instead but I don't see anything that is being block. Any input is very much appreciated.

I'm not an expert in this, but have you checked "Local Security Policy?

• Control Panel
  • Administrative Tools
  • Local Security Policy
  • Security Settings
  • Local Policies
  • Security Options (and perhaps "User Rights Assignment")

Check the event logs:

• Control Panel
  • Administrative Tools
  • Event Viewer
  • Applications and Services Log
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
  • NTLM
  • Operational

and

• Control Panel
  • Administrative Tools
  • Event Viewer
  • Windows Logs
  • Security

Can you be more specific as to what you are clicking on?

Thanks! I will look into it and see how it goes. But it has never happen before. I wonder what triggers it.

Try typing this at the command line

net use /persistent:yes

If it is set to no then connections will not be automatically re-established.

If you have a laptop to check the operating system through and make the net work or not through it...as you said it worked and suddenly stopped working with net and share...try to make sure that your computer system have no spam or virus and just as someimes when system is in security issue like have serious problem wih some network...it block one computer from reaching the other PCS for security purpose...so just Antispwareblaster program can work on check the system and can download throughwww.download.com

I will double check again according to the advice given to me. Worst come to worst, I have to format the hard disk and trace from there. Thank you all for the advice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.