i have a simple programme/application of 32 bit which runs fine on window XP 32 bit but when i try to run it on window 8 it gives error that it is incompitable with this version of window please install 64 bit programme.it is very simple application it does not require any installation nor it is showing in programme file nor in add/remove programme.we only paste it in drive and open it with CMD and it works fine.pleasehelp

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think you have to change compatibility settings of the excutable , just right click on file and select properties and then run this program in compatibility mode and select windows XP.

i have also change the compatability sittings.but it gives same above error

It is difficult to say why your program doesn't run, without knowing anything about your program. It is best to contact the developer. If you are the developer, provide more info about your program.

It is accoununting program and related with fox pro.To open it we have to come in the CMD ->drive on which it is save->MSALE(name of the program)
and window pops up which demands the user name and psw and after providing it.Its starts working

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to the

-Official Microsoft Website FAQ

Many people on here are running 64 bit operating systems including myself. I have never had a problem with incompatibility. Either the 32 bit version will work or a 64 bit version will be available.

64-bit Windows removes the compatibility layer for 32-bit DOS applications as well. To run your application, you will need virtualization software (like VirtualBox) and a 32-bit OS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.