Hi

I have and apple mac laptop and use wireless in my house. i also have a compaq laptop but it will not find the wireless network i use in my house. i have had a friend come around with their laptop and it found the network straight away. why does mine not work?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

my router is netgear. i dont know if that will make any difference. do i need to put the installation cd in my laptop for that?

Do you have a wireless buttom on your Laptop? if yes put it on? or check whether your wireless card on the compaq is working well if not get a new wireless card for this laptop.

does the MAC find the wireless?
what message are you getting on the Compaq laptop when you try to connect?
How far is the Compaq from the wireless access point?
In network connection is there a wireless icon?, if yes does it have a red X or a yellow circle with a black exclamation sign?

Open network connections; check that wireless is enabled and ethernet is disabled and any other card such as firewire. then you can right-click wireless to check for networks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.